|Job Description: Customer Service Supervisor||Dept. CSR|
|Salary: $55,000 to $70,000 DOE||Report to: Supervisor|
New Basis LLC is a Nationwide manufacturing plant with over 30 years of industry experience with the most recent advances in materials, engineering, technology, and manufacturing. We utilize innovative design to deliver efficient products while making pads and below ground composite vaults for telecommunications, electrical, CATV, water, traffic, lighting, and industrial companies. We’re looking for an experienced Customer Service Supervisor to perform detailed results with our vendors and clientele.
As a Customer Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for addressing customer requests and providing technical support. Most important will be the ability to work well with other departments to solve issues and support customer needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervising the daily operations of the customer service department
• Creating a reliable customer loyalty program
• Setting customer service goals for team members and helping them reach those goals.
• Interacting with customers and handling customer queries and complaints in a timely manner
• Maintaining relationships with profitable customers
• Making weekly and monthly reports and surveys
• Staying current on the latest industry trends and techniques
• Answers all incoming phone, fax and in-person inquiries from customers about products purchased from NewBasis with excellent telephone etiquette and professionalism.
• Display patient, courteous, positive, and friendly demeanor with customers always.
• Actively listens to customer complaints and/or disputes and provide an effective resolution within the company’s standard operating procedure and policies.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, problem solver, solution seeker
• Ability to promptly respond to customer emails.
• Order entry
• Process phone and credit card orders
• Manage client communications, shipping notifications and updates, etc.
• Discuss product and pricing questions with customers over the phone and via email.
• Manage partial, drop ship and expedited orders.
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex customer issues
• Must have excellent skills in typing, written and verbal communication.
• Working knowledge of word and excel
• Maintain thorough and up to date knowledge of existing and new products offered by NewBasis.
• Interfaces with shipping department in identifying cause and effect of product returns.
• Identifies trends in customer complaints and suggests quality improvements to upper management.
• Maintains customer RMA information files per company guidelines.
• Complete quotes for designated regional territory
• Provide Sales Support to designated Regional Sales Manager
• Assist in projects as assigned by Customer Service Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- ERP Software SYSPRO experience required.
- Complete ownership of the SYSPRO ERP system.
- Collaborate with business entities to define and implement ongoing sales and customer service requirements.
- Associate’s degree in administration or relevant field a plus but not required.
• A minimum of 3- 5 years of proven experience in a customer service position.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including strong Excel with Mathematics experience) and customer service software.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of management practices and techniques.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
• Must be self-motivated with a “can do” attitude and possess strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible with work demands and priorities.
Physical Work Environment:
The production is performed in a manufacturing environment. Hand-eye coordination is necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; operate tools, or controls; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with their hands and arms while communicating effectively. Occasionally lift to 40 pounds as a team with a co-worker. As well as a safe, challenging & fast-paced working environment.
Education: Preferred an Associate’s degree or equivalent of 3 – 5 years’ experience
Pay: $50,000 to $70,000 DOE
Job Type: Fulltime 7:30am to 4pm Monday – Friday and when needed Saturdays.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matching 401k Paid time off, Parental leave and Referral and Attendance Bonus Programs.
Work Remotely: No
|Job Description: Production Control Supervisor||Dept. Production|
|Salary: $75,000||Report to: Engineering|
Production Control Supervisor sought by Newbasis, LLC in Riverside, CA
Duties: Plan and manage production schedules across numerous work centers and product lines in order to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize Newbasis’ productive capacity in a high mix, high change manufacturing environment. Manage and facilitate efficient communication through the production process, including coordinating the production schedule in collaboration with customer service, production, quality assurance, purchasing, and logistics. Plan and schedule each work center and operation according to manufacturing sequences, lead times, and customer delivery requirements. Manage and maintain functions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP)/material requirement planning (MRP) system including the creation of work orders, inventory adjustments, scheduling work in progress (WIP) start/end dates, running reports, and closing completed work orders. Ensure the MRP parameters, including capacity, lead time, order policies, and safety stock levels, are established and maintained for the desired output. Receive completed work orders and review the accuracy of quantities completed, material and labor issued, back flushes, and substitutions. Make adjustments as necessary to the ERP system to ensure the accuracy of inventory. Communicate with the Engineering department if any bill of material (BOM) discrepancies are found. Actively communicate with manufacturing personnel, management, purchasing, engineering, customer service, and logistics on inventory status, production planning issues, and recommended actions
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field plus three (3) years of Production Scheduling, Manufacturing planning, or related experience: production planning and scheduling; creating master production schedules that identifies the capacity of the production lines; making changes to the production program to improve the performance of the production lines; ensuring timely delivery of the products; reducing work in progress (WIP) on floor and increasing machine efficiency; creating raw material orders, addressing material issues, and reducing material waste; managing supplier relations and communicating with the supply chain group; and controlling production through the utilization of ERP, QAD, MRP and CITRIX.
To Apply: Send resume to: Jeanne Bolin, HR Manager, 2626 Kansas Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507 or email [email protected]
Draft Job Order (and/or Internet) Ad:
Suggested classifieds section/heading, where applicable: INDUSTRIAL/MANUFACTURING
|Job Description: Manager, Manufacturing Engineer||Dept. Production|
|Salary: $140,000||Report to: Engineering|
Manager, Manufacturing Engineer sought by Newbasis, LLC in Riverside, CA
Duties: Serve as a key member of NewBasis’ Engineering Department and will be responsible for overseeing the development and integration of the entire product development and engineering lifecycle, including design, production process, quality control, and sales. Ensure that these systems are developed and implemented in accordance with key company strategies and government regulations. Analyze monthly reports to assess the quality engineering metrics and drive improvements to NewBasis’ engineering, design, production processes. Ensure that sustainability and quality are running themes in all engineering activities while working to achieve the highest quality for all Newbasis’ products. Create and develop quality planning methods and establishing engineering measures and initiatives related to quality, cost of quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, visual controls, and plant performance. Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of products according to the company’s QC Manual and protecting the company from warranty issues and removing variability from manufacturing processes. Check and confirming the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff and
consultants. Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff and others to use and abide by. Initiate and implement quality engineering metrics as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Identify and resolve quality engineering issues and concerns in collaboration with the plant management team. Conduct various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new products and improved processes. Complete and submit all statutory and regulatory requirements, such as hazardous materials permits and annual EPA ID number verification questionnaires. Hire, train, and supervise Engineering and Quality staff members, while monitoring and determining various staffing and training needs. Provide day-to-day quality engineering support to all team members. Continuously assess and maintain compliance with state and federal regulations.
Requirements: Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Operations Management, or a related field plus one (1) year of Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or related experience: overseeing the development and integration of quality management and environmental management systems for product development/engineering lifecycles; assessing quality engineering metrics to drive improvements to engineering, design, and production process; creating and developing quality planning methods; establishing engineering measures and initiatives related to quality, cost reduction, safety, and plant performance; initiating and implementing quality engineering metrics as appropriate to raise the performance of product lines; overseeing and maintaining the required quality management records per applicable government standards; completing and submitting all statutory and regulatory requirements, such as hazardous material permits and annual EPA questionnaires; and coordinating with third-party auditors as necessary to schedule, document, and issue audit results.
To Apply: Send resume to: Jeanne Bolin, HR Manager, 2626 Kansas Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507 or email [email protected].